Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Good Experiences

     I have had some really good experiences with Thai therapy this last week. I worked on a man (about 70 years old) who has had really bad pain for a few years because of cancer treatments and different accidents. I only got to work on him for an hour, (Thai sessions are generally two hours) I could have done him more good with another hour. When I was finished he asked if I could get him out of pain, I said that I could then he said "I don't know how you did it but you put my back in, I can tell when my back is in because my arm no longer hurts". He made another appointment. I hope to be able to get this man started on the track of yoga. Yoga stretches and strengthens the body. Strong muscles do more than look good. They protect us from arthritis and back pain, I had back pain for most of my young adult life, after I found yoga my back pain went away and now I can do amazing things now like lift my grand kids. That's wants important, feeling good enough to do fun things. Strong muscles help prevent falls in elderly people. If you stick to yoga long enough You'll notice that aches and pains start to disappear. That's no coincidence. Tight hips can strain the knee joint due to improper alignment of the thigh and shinbones. Tight hamstrings can lead to a flattening of the lumbar spine, which can cause poor posture. In yoga it's what you do for yourself that matters. Yoga gives you the tools to help you change, the more you commit to practice, the more you benefit. This gets you involved in your own care, that involvement gives you the power to effect change, and seeing that you can effect change gives you hope, and hope itself can be healing.
 http://www.gobodhi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment