Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Positive thought patterns heal the body

Just believing you will get better can make you better. Unfortunately, many conventional scientists believe that if something works by eliciting the placebo effect, it doesn’t count. but most patients just want to get better, so if chanting a mantra--like you might do at the beginning or end of yoga class or throughout a meditation or in the course of your day--facilitates healing, even if it’s just a placebo effect, why not do it?

The mind is very powerful. It is the mind that causes illnesses, it is also the mind that can cause  wellness. It doesn't matter how long we’ve had negative thought patterns. We can begin to make a change today. The thoughts we’ve held and the words we have repeatedly used have created our life and experiences up to this point. That is past thinking. What we chose to think and say, today, at this moment, will create tomorrow and the next day and the next week and the next month and the next year, and so on. The point of power is always in the present moment. I almost always give my thai therapy clients a thought pattern to help with their healing, it is powerful.

It is true “Whatever you say, you speak into the existence”, whether it is positive or negative.
I have a friend who’s mother had dementia. All his life, his thoughts were, I don’t want to have dementia, or, I hope I don’t have dementia like my mom. “Whatever you say, you speak into the existence”.  He is now in his sixties and was just diagnosed with dementia. I have another friend whose father has high blood pressure, he has spent his whole life telling himself he will probably be like his dad and have high blood pressure. I could go on and on with people I know. I counsel my thai therapy clients to change their thought patterns to  “I am strong and healthy”, “it is normal to feel good”, “I am safe at all times”, “I am loved”.

Positive language heals the body, negative language brings illness. Dis-ease can be reversed by simply reversing our mental thought patterns. The word incurable, which is so frightening to so many people, really only means that the particular condition cannot be cured by “outer” methods and that we must go within to effect the healing. The condition came from nothing and will go back to nothing.



Nancy Adams Certified Thai Yoga Therapist
and Ayurveda Consultant

These are my own thoughts. I sometimes take writings from others to support my own ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment